We’re on the move, our family that is. We’ve made a trek across the Pacific on an airplane, then a subsequent journey via our loyal van, Betsy, across the United States. Sometimes in the midst of this journey and past ones it’s been difficult to remain consistent reading God’s love letters, better known as the Bible. Of course, sometimes it can be difficult to remain consistent in every day life too. After all, the devil would love nothing better than if we keep ourselves busy, preoccupied, discouraged, etc., leaving us far from the trail of love letters which bring encouragement, direction, and life. That’s when it’s our opportunity to press in, drawing closer to the Lord.
There’s an online/smart phone app available now that brings the Word right to our fingertips, a sort of arsenal for our pressing in opportunity. It’s called YouVersion, and it’s the Bible online, either through your computer or phone. Here are some reasons why I love this app/site:
* Many, many, many versions of the Bible.
* Easy-to-read versions are at the touch of my fingertips. (Some days I need to see it in plain, every-day English that’s easy for my fried brain to understand!)
* Various reading plans, from devotional and chronological to topical, many are there.
* Accountability (The program will send you sweet reminders if it hasn’t “seen” you in a while.)
* Flexible (This may apply more to the app, but I love that it is always with me. If I’m waiting for the kids to finish sports, I can pull out the phone and read for 5 or 10 minutes.)
* Arms me with strength. The Word is strength, it is our offensive weapon. It’s time to pick it up (again).
If you’re feeling a little lost, not sure where to read or what to read in the Word, take a look at this app or web site. It’ll be worth your time because the Lord always is.
Be armed and strengthened my friend as you press in and read those love letters from none other than the Lord Almighty.