Do you like a good story–Christian Fiction? Me too! It’s funny how stories often unfold when the Lord authors them.
Somewhere in the early 2000’s, I set fiction on the shelf. And it stayed there for fifteen years.
The Holy Spirit had wooed me away from two of my favorite secular authors. I turned my focus toward nonfiction (NF), assured I’d never go back.
Never say never.
God’s ways are not our own.
In 2016 or 2017, a Karen Kingsbury novel hopped off the library shelf and followed me home. (Or something like that.) I devoured that story in two days. (NF books, although I love them, take two-three weeks to read.)
I looked at Tony and said, “I can do this. I can write fiction.” A whole new world opened up. And then I promptly got scared. Here’s a list of those pesky thoughts authored by fear.
- I wasn’t creative enough.
- Did I really hear God?
- Was I writing romance for selfish reasons?
- Is it really ministry?
- But I thought I’d write NF forever…
Oh, but the Lord…
Watch what He can do.
(If you’re a writer, find additional resources and suggestions here.)
In The Works
A contemporary Christian romance is in the works. Stay tuned for more. If you’d like to be part of the team that helps this work reach readers, keep reading.
Fiction Prayer Team
If you’d like to pray for a current contemporary Christian fiction romance project, email me here to be added to the prayer warrior team.
Be a Part of the Fiction Journey
Be a part of the journey through regular email updates, join my subscriber list. (Emails updates include blog posts and newsletter info. Oh, and you’ll get access to the faith-building subscriber-only library as well.)
Sign up here. Stay tuned for publishing and purchasing options as they come available.
Lost Stilleto, one of the first clean romances I wrote and a flash fiction piece that brings smiles even now, won honorable mention in Women OnWriting’s Fall 2017 fiction contest.
My Million Dollar Client, an edited version of Lost Stilleto, won honorable mention in the NE Texas Writer’s Organization 2018 annual contest and is published in their Amazon compilation, NETWO Shorts.
Favorite Christian Fiction Authors
Here’s a list of some of my favorite Christian fiction authors and the book of theirs I like most. Most write in the Christian Romance (Contemporary is my gig.) or Women’s Lit genres. Perhaps you’ll enjoy their work as well.
- Karen Kingsbury ~ Take Three (The whole series is WONDERFUL!)
- Francine Rivers ~ The Masterpiece
- Charles Martin ~ Long Way Gone (Although A Life Intercepted spoke to me as a football mama.)
- Becky Wade ~ Stay with Me
- Rachel Hauck ~ The Writing Desk
- Denise Hunter
- Beth K. Vogt ~ Somebody Like You
- Lisa Wingate ~ Before We Were Yours
- Susan May Warren ~ Take A Chance on Me
- Amy Matayo ~ The Whys Have It
- Ted Dekker & daughter, Rachelle Dekker (Suspense/Thriller) ~ The Girl Behind the Red Rope