It’s good to see you here in 2017. I thank God for you.
Do you wonder what our Father has in store for us this year? How will He form and fashion the days yet to come? We have little clue, but it’s evident He’s at the helm. And that’s good.
There’s one thing – if we keep this in view – that will offer us a solid step regardless of what 2017’s path looks like. It’s this simple: keep heaven in view.
Be encouraged to grow this year. Spiritual stagnancy is dangerous. Consider setting spiritual goals to fight complacency.
Here are 7 ways for us to stave off spiritual stagnancy:
- Set aside 10 minutes a day to read the Bible.
- Turn on worship music each morning and allow it to flow through your house and heart.
- Sit and simply talk with God. Listen, too.
- Set a timer for 15 minutes and prayer walk around your house or neighborhood. (I love this one. Many a lap has been traveled around my kitchen island as God and I talk.)
- Grab the free “To Do” lists offered to subscribers here. Not only are there daily tasks noted, but so are areas for remembering God’s works in day past, thanksgiving, prayer, and scripture memorization. (Link is also located at the bottom of each email for subscribers. New subscribers will receive a separate email with the link.)
- Commit to WORD17 ~ memorizing 1 scripture each month.
- Offer intentional, daily praise. Proclaiming the Psalms back to God is a wonderful means for this if the words seem difficult to find.
However it happens, let’s make it a goal to draw closer to our Lord this year. In case you missed it, here’s one way I did just that. Join me over at Life Letter Cafe?
A Few “Not to Miss” Housekeeping Notes~
We’ll be together for WORD17 here each Monday. That’s certain. It’ll journey right to your mailbox, dancing with delight. Happy dance, anyone?
#YourStory testimonies from various Christians around the globe will continue on the first Tuesday of each month. (Another woo hoo! – not only because #YourStory testimonies are coming, but because several are already lined up and they are goooooood!) You can view past #YourStory testimonies here.
Other Tuesday posts may hit on Tuesday – or Wednesday, Thursday, or not at all that week. That’s a bit of a change, flexibility necessary as the writing load increases. BUT…you’re important to me. We’ll still gather, okay? We’ll still dive into our faith walk, head-on, with words and ministry. We’ll continue to look to the author and finisher of our faith. And I’ll continue writing for ibelieve.com, Life Letter Cafe and other places around the internet, with all links noted here on the blog. And who knows? You might find other uplifting, faith-filled posts that encourage your socks off at those sources as well. They’re bubbling with good writers who have Jesus at heart. After all, it’s all about Him.
Regardless of the changes or consistencies here on the blog, will you commit to one thing with me this year? Let’s lay down self, pick up our cross, and simply follow Jesus. Let’s keep our eyes on heaven as we live day-to-day, leaving spiritual stagnancy behind.
Be encouraged, my friend!