lift up your voice with a shout,
lift it up, do not be afraid;
say to the towns of Judah,
“Here is your God!”
Within fifteen minutes it was worn, torn, and strewn all over the floor.
Fear is a foe.
- Do it afraid.
- Remind yourself that it’s about God, not self.
- Step out anyway.
- Find someone else to encourage in the journey. Oftentimes it helps both parties.
- Be honest with a trusted, praying friend when fear gets tough.
- Turn your eyes to Jesus in worship vs. settling on the problem.
- Honor the Lord for what He has done versus what isn’t happening.
- Pray for strength and wisdom.
- Ask your prayer partner to pray with and for you. If you don’t have one, it’s a great time to get one.
- Tell of His wonders.
- Sing His praise.
- Lift high the name of Jesus.
- Gratefulness does wonders in crowding out complaints.
- Ask someone close to hold you accountable for the words you say.
- Ask God to open your eyes to the complaints you unknowingly confess.
You and me? We can do this. Lift up that beautiful voice of yours, and I’ll lift mine. We’ll proclaim His glories today, tomorrow, and all of time.